CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I am a mommy of one and a domestic Army wife yet my life is far from easy. I have been married just short of 4 years to the most amazing man and soldier a girl could be blessed with. After 3 years stationed in Germany, 2 deployments of a year or longer I find that often energy is very rarely endless. I seek solice in grown-up time, playgroups, and generally staying involved to pass the time. I have found that God is my comfort and He shows me joy in the little things of life that count the most!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Memories

  Many people I found have great goal and dreams for their lives. To save the planet, to become president, to find a cure...you get the drift but me I was different. My dream and my goals were to become a teacher, become a wife and be a mom. Ever since I was a little girl I would play "wedding day" with my parents, make sure each of stuffed animals had a good mommy and saved up enough money to buy my first teacher kit at seven, all accessories included. Everything was so ideal then because you see stuffed animals don't talk back, or cry for endless hours, or get out of bed every 5 minutes to test the waters. A little girl dreams of her wedding day but doesn't think of that being the first day of an adventure that would hit highs and lows, and take lonliness and love to a whole new level. When we reach the point of knowing what we are going to be when we grow up we don't know the lengths we may have to stretch to eventually reach our end results.
  No one told me however that reaching those would bring pain, joy and ultimately a peace in knowing that I am right where I belong. I am currently a mother of one extremely smart sensitive, and stubborn 2 1/2 year old wife of almost 4 years to a soldier in the US Army that I spent exactly 1 year and 11 months of my marriage with and the rest of those years through phone calls, skype and letters. I am also in the last stretch of receiving my Bachelor or Science in Elementary education degree through Liberty University. In this time I've dealt with ER trips for a sick baby more times than I should have to count, raising our child the way my husband and I agreed on for a year and 10 months on my own and feeling like what I do is never quite enough. Loving a man deeper than I ever thought I could love mostly through distance and making moments together count. Sharing a life that I never even dreamed to take on the task of living and loving every person, every place and every adventure even if I didn't always like it for the time.
  I guess what I am trying to say is that I am so very blessed to no longer be a child that is making dreams and hoping for a future filled with wonderful things, because I have those wonderful things right here before me. I thank God every day for the wild adventure He has set before me and I know it is not short of detours, cliff and road blocks but I will trust Him in each endeavor.
"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, Plans for good and not for evil, For a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
What things are you thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. I think it's so wonderful that you've achieved or are in the process of achieving all your goals from when you were little. You have a beautiful family!

    I found your blog on the Good Friends Just Click hop, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki. I appreciate your following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the advice about deployment. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos :)
    I love your blog too!

    New follower from the Good Friends Just Click hop. Hope you have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dress! Thanks for participating in the Good Friends Click Blog Hop! Also, so fun to see my button on your website!! :) New follower!

    Janel
    http://www.amomstake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are achieving your goals.
    I am a new follower from GFC. Come visit me at
    http://momsinvent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will certainly be your biggest fan! Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Followers